Thursday, July 24, 2014
Amidst this Chaos....
...again pardon the awkward syntax and grammar..., but I'm sure you'll get the message. I've had it! It's been nothing but politics as usual while we and the world roil in disastrous episodes of social stupidity and unmentionable crimes against humanity. How does it go "....I've made a little list and counted it twice...? " A list I feel this Obama Administration, this government of ours, must respond to by amending the political atrocities it has rained down on we the people.To be acted upon immediately, it's progress to be measured in the results of the midterm elections! Why? I want a base line, a point of departure, if nothing more but to confirm or deny (if only to my satisfaction), as a nation, as a society, we are not over! For as little a reason, for me to at the very least fold up my rinky dink little blog and go away! Yup, that is what it has come down to for me! I can't keep torturing myself in my impotence, my irrelevance in attempting to arouse sensibilities of our dire circumstances, to witness anyone with the fortitude, the wherewithal to rise above the fray and make a difference! For that matter, to feel their are enough of us left to want to make a difference! So here Mr President for what it's worth, is my line in the sand, my personal manifesto, relative to just little old me remaining a citizen in good-standing, ready to go to the mat, to encourage my progeny to go to the mat if so required for the good ole U.S of A:
1) Recognition that radical Islam and others of similar intent are a clear and present danger, not only to us but to the world, and we will meet them with determined force wherever and whenever they rear their ugly heads, as leaders of the free world!
2) The IRS being used as a political deterrent is an anathema to our Constitution and way of life, and if so practiced must be punished beyond sanctimonious partisanship gesturing. It's perpetrators must be rooted out and prosecuted beyond the full extent of the law! And that goes for the resolution of the Benghazi, VA, etc. etc. scandals as well!!
3) Our sovereignty must be protected and preserved at all cost, in that, our borders must be inviolate our immigration laws clear and concise; our military strength so formidable as to never to be questioned or risk testing.
4) Our once vital economy restored to its former growth and potential through fiscal responsibility, discipline and restraint! We must demonstrably reject Socialism as a deterrent to that end and return to private sector stimulus, individual enterprise, freedom and liberties to grow and prosper as a nation, as the society our founders intended.
5) We must return to a truly representative government primarily emanating from the wants and needs of our States and their responsible majority; in coordination with their combined Federal welfare as a union. Unfailingly look to and adhere to the letter of our Constitution for interpretation and practice, free of political machinations. Uphold the sanctity, separation and authority of our three branches of government. The goal a highly efficient, unobtrusive government made up of a cadre of dedicated and moral public servants, bent on preserving our sovereignty; our American way of life.
I don't think that is too much to ask. Nevertheless, there you have it. Perhaps you'll hear from me again come November. Don't hold your breath!